Pages

4 Weeks Pregnant





Well you guys, as you know, I am preggo (again). One thing I was really bad at with my last pregnancy was documenting how I was feeling along the way, and I really I wish I had those memories written down now...so I'm going to try and be better at it this time around!

My plan was to write one each week, however apparently I only got this one done about 9 weeks ago...woops. Anyway, here it is!

Oh my goodness. I AM PREGNANT. AGAIN. It is such a bizarre feeling, it really is. Strangely enough, it actually feels MORE surreal than when I found out I was pregnant the first time round. I know that seems odd, but it's true. It's definitely a nice change to be outright happy at seeing a positive pregnancy test, as opposed to terrified, that's for certain...although there is certainly some terror in knowing that I will be in zombie mode with a newborn and a crazy toddler in a few months. The fear is real you guys. There is no worse torture than sleep deprivation....but I am praying that this baby will be somewhat like their older brother and settle into a reasonably manageable sleep routine after those first tough weeks.

So, over Christmas, I had been feeling exhausted, super emotional, slightly queasy...did I mention super emotional!? Then of course good ol' Aunty Flo never showed up the day she was meant to, so I took a Clearblue Plus test the next morning. Sure enough, there she was, a blue plus sign in the window. Colm was still in bed and I had promised myself that I would surprise him with our next pregnancy...but being the impatient 4 year old that I am, I jumped on to the bed, woke him up and told him "I'm pregnant!" To which he replied, "oh...that's lovely sweets...well done!" Thanks love.

I wanted to tell everyone right away 'cause that's just who I am, but reason argued with me and we decided that because everyone else knew RIGHT AWAY last time, we wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while this time around. I've been doing a DIY check on hCG levels every other day, because I'm kind of paranoid about miscarriage. I know that it is completely out of my control and not something that I can prevent happening...it's for my own comfort really. Luckily, the test line is steadily getting darker. Yay!



I have had my first GP appointment where they confirmed the pregnancy and got me into the system for my first dating scan at about 12 weeks.

As for pregnancy symptoms, my boobs have been sore since around Christmas (and I mean, I can't touch them they are so sore) I have morning sickness throughout the day but only when my stomach is empty, and I am so, SO tired. My first pregnancy I could just nap whenever I needed to. This time round, I have a crazy plum to chase around all day and all I want to do is lie down on the ground and sleep where I'm standing.






Also, um...I happen to be showing, like, right away this time. My doctor says it's normal and down to being my second pregnancy and being small framed, but....I look about 16 weeks pregnant. To clarify: I am 4 weeks pregnant. UGH.

Despite that, I am so so happy to be pregnant. I feel incredibly, incredibly lucky and blessed that we got pregnant in such a short period of trying. Infertility is a very real and very heart breaking struggle that 1 in 4 couples have to deal with...1 in 4!! And if you are one of those couples, my heart and prayers go out to you throughout your trial.

Ok you guys...thank you for reading!! Catch up next week where I will be only be a little bit more pregnant, but way, way more fat probably. x

No comments:

Post a Comment