Pages

Catch Up

Wow, so I am officially terrible at this. I'm not going to lie, February was a crazy busy month for us, so I'm going to blame that for the fact that I have written nothing for ages! We had Valentine's Day on the 14th, Colm's birthday on the 18th, our 1st wedding anniversary on the 20th, and my birthday was a week later on the 1st. Safe to say, I was running around like a mad woman for most of February trying to sort stuff out for Colm's birthday, our wedding anniversary, and our '50th' birthday party (we were both turning 25, ha ha, etc).

Our first anniversary is apparently paper (who came up with these?) so Colm made a gorgeous timeline with all our special dates on it. I, of course, being a dumb just bought him a book, but I think he liked it. We went out for dinner and had a few drinks afterwards and then just went home because we have a baby that wakes us up at 7am (woo!). All in all, it was a lovely day, and I really feel incredibly lucky to have that man as my own. I still have to pinch myself every now and again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, marriage has been my biggest lesson and biggest blessing all rolled into one. We had a very tumultuous first year, and I'm excited and relieved that the craziness has passed and we can now just enjoy being husband and wife (and, of course, Mom and Dad).

We had a few people over for our '50th', albeit not as many as we would have liked because our apartment is pretty itty bitty. We had the BEST night, thanks to all of you guys who could make it! My mom took Eli for the night and I'll admit, it killed me a little to be away from him!

My birthday was the last occasion to roll around. By the time it got here, I was exhausted. I usually like to do something on my birthday, but this year I just felt too tired, and I feel like I do so much every day just looking after the little man (I'm not complaining, he is amazing, but he's a handful!) that I just decided I wanted to do NOTHING. My birthday landed on a Sunday this year, so we went to church as usual, came home, I got into my sweats and cuddled on the couch with my boys watching all of my favorite shows, because I never get to do that.

So, this is pathetic, but - I cry almost every birthday. I don't know why (seriously) but for some reason this birthday I was actually happy to be getting older and starting a new year for myself. Hopefully 25 will be a good one.

Here's some pics to get you up to date...Eli is getting huge! And will be one next month...nooooo!



Nap time cuteness


10 Month Photo




Mohawk Baby




Birthday glamma


Birthday snuggles

Went to wake him up from his nap and ended up getting into the cot for cuddles. I am that mom.

Old-Fashioneds because we're 25!



Alllll the teeth!

Pose


This kid loves spaghetti.





Story time.

No comments:

Post a Comment