Pages

Family Road Trip

First off, I would like to say I'm so so sorry for being completely AWOL on the blog lately! We've had a crazy few days and I haven't had a second to sit down and write a post. On the other hand, it's been kind of nice traveling around the country and seeing family!

Last Saturday both my parents were back from Saudi (a rare occurrance) and it was my (not so little) sister's 21st, so Eli and myself took a little road trip down to Lismore Co. Waterford to visit. Lismore has been my home from home for the past 10 years, and I absolutely love going down there to visit. I do nothing but eat, chill in the garden, and snuggle up by the big stove for a movie at night. It is my favourite place to go to get some R&R. Of course, Eli loves it too because it's so big compared to our itty bitty apartment, and he gets to practice his walking skills and look at all the birdies and flowers in the garden.

It was also so nice being there for Rosie's 21st. Because my family all live miles apart, we don't usually get to spend birthdays together. Also, Rosie is off to California TOMORROW, so I'm not gonna see her for a whole 3 months! This hurts mah wee heart.

Colm joined us in Lismore on Sunday and within a few hours was commissioned to do some gardening with my mom (haha). The rest of our time there was spent going on walks, enjoying the garden and of course my mom's cooking. Cannotttt beat it.

On Tuesday morning at crazy o'clock we drove to Dublin for a birthday lunch for my sister. Oh my lawwwwd I was tired, but I got to see my grandparents which is always a bonus because, well, they're amazing. Bibi is over 70 and she goes to weekly dance classes and does performances! So we got to enjoy some gorgeous Italian food at Fellini's in Deansgrange (if you haven't been, go. And order the ravioli. You're welcome) followed by all the sad goodbyes and a quick drive to Colm's brother's house, where we got to crash for the night and hang out with Sean and Claire, who we don't get to see too often. Topped off with some much needed soup, tea, and Netflix, it was the perfect end to the trip.

Again, I'm so sorry there's been such a lack of posts lately. Now that I'm back and somewhat rested from all the traveling I promise things will go back to normal, starting off with Part 2 of the postpartum fitness series going live on Friday. Yay!

I hope you all had a great weekend!




















This cake was ah-mazing by the way, and it was from Tesco!








































"G'way yew, wit yer camera"















My husband, the bird whisperer.



















"Calamari is made of WHA?"






Birthday girl.













No comments:

Post a Comment